Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nativities around the World

The Nativities around the World event has become one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I love that so many people come together to put on this beautiful display. There are hundreds of nativities!!! It's awesome.
This year, I was able to help with the "We Believe..." room. This room highlights some of our major beliefs as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

We believe in Christ.

We believe in modern prophets.

We believe that families can be eternal.

We believe the Bible and Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

There are other rooms at the display, but the dress-up manger room is my favorite. Look at that stable and all those costumes!!! You get to dress up as a family and have your picture taken as part of a real life nativity. They even email you the pictures!!! While we were setting up the We Believe room, Koper would walk by this room and get all excited and say, "Baby Jesus is coming to this room soon!!!" Sweet, huh?


All the costumes.


There is also another room for younger kids to play in. It is set up to feel like a home with lots of little kid-proof nativities and activities. I would have taken a picture but my kids were at melt down stage and I had pushed them enough. They were troopers while I helped to set things up.

It is open to the public and I encourage everyone to go if you are in the Moscow area. It's at the Mormon church by the old Tidymans and Ford Dealership. It started last night and will go tonight and tomorrow night from 6-9pm. It is open on Saturday and Sunday from noon-9pm.

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

teeny said...

oh lacey! it's wonderful! so exciting to see everything everyone has done! love

Natalie said...

Those nativities are amazing! I hope you and your family are doing well.