Monday, March 15, 2010

Pictures from the Humanitarian Bowl

I know that this post is a little late but I just recently got an SD card for my phone and was able to transfer my pictures from my phone to my computer. As many of you may or may not know the Idaho VANDALS football team played in a little known bowl game called the Humanitarian Bowl played in Boise, Idaho at Bronco Stadium. I have been fortunate enough to be able to work with Vandal athletics in the strength and conditioning program. I got to go to the game and be on the sideline during the bowl game. During the season myself and the other strength coaches worked the sidelines of all the home games keeping the players from getting sideline penalties. Here are some pictures I took while in Boise and at the game.

This is after our team walk-thru at the stadium the day before the game. It was pretty cold!
This is the banquet hall in the Grove Hotel where we stayed and had breakfast.
The stands behind our bench.
Some sideline action from the game. #22-Max Komar, #7-Preston Davis, #1-Eric Greenwood
Everyone rushed the field after we won! It was crazy and I was in the middle of it and then quickly got out of it before I got crushed by our fans.

In case you did not hear about this game it was voted the best and most exciting game of the 2009-2010 college football bowl season. The final score was IDAHO 43 - Bowling Green 42. We won by having a great kick return, then throwing about a fifty yard bomb to Preston Davis, then Max Komar caught the sliding goalline touchdown to put us at 41-42, then Coach Akey went for two instead of kicking the PAT for the tie and overtime, and then Preston Davis caught the 2-point conversion at the back of the endzone for the "W". And that folks is how you get noticed nationally and win a bowl game.



No comments: